What is Windows Azure?
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform and infrastructure, created by Microsoft, for building, deploying and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters.
What is a Virtual Machine?
A virtual machine (VM) is a software-based emulation of a computer. Virtual machines operate based on the computer architecture and functions of a real or hypothetical computer.
Steps to create a Virtual Machine in Azure
01. Login to your Azure account
02. When you login to the Azure Account you would see something similar to
03. Navigate to Virtual Machine in the left corner menu bar
You can see already created virtual machines.
04. In order to create a new virtual machine click “NEW” button in the left bottom corner
05. Fill the required information and press “CREATE A VIRTUAL MACHINE”
06. To start the virtual machine go to the created virtual machine then navigate to the Dashboard and press Connect which can be seen in the bottom
It will download an .rdp file as shown in the following image
07. Open .rdp file and click connect
08. Enter username and password which were given while creating the virtual machine.
09. In the certification window press yes in order to complete the connection
Finally you’ll be connected with the virtual machine as shown in the above image.